Stainless Steel 202 Coils is an austenitic chromium-nickel-manganese stainless steel which was developed to conserve nickel. Type 202 is a lower cost alternative to conventional Cr-Ni stainless steels such as 301 and 304. Nickel is replaced by additions of manganese and nitrogen. It is non-hardenable by thermal treatment, but may be cold worked to high tensile strengths. Type 201 is essentially nonmagnetic in the annealed condition and becomes magnetic when cold worked. Type 201 can be substituted for Type 301 in many applications.
1. Sheet, Strip.
2.The annealing temperature for Type 202 is between 1850-2000°F. Rapid cooling through the carbide precipitation range (1500 – 800 ° F) is necessary to keep the carbides in solution and prevent sensitization. Type 201 is not hardenable by thermal treatment; it is only hardenable by cold working.
3. Type 202 has similar bending, forming and drawing characteristics to Type 301 stainless steel.
4. Type 202 can be welded by all conventional methods applied to 18 percent chromium, 8 percent nickel steels. Filler metal of the conventional chromium-nickel analyses can be used. Like other austenitic stainless steels where carbon is not controlled below 0.03%, Type 202 is susceptible to intergranular corrosion in the weld heat affected zone.
5. Type 202 is resistant to a wide variety of mild to moderately corrosive environments. It has corrosion resistance approaching that of Types 301and has been successfully substituted for 304 in many mild environments.
The packaging of our products (eg. weathered corrugated steel, weathering corrugated steel,corten steel columnl,hot rolled stainless steel plate) ensures that they will not be damaged during transport. For export purposes, the usual export packaging is done in wooden crates or crates. All hr sheet metal, plates and coils are marked with a logo (company mark), grade, size and batch number. On request, we can customise the marking on the product,such as spcc cold rolled steel.
2. Hose clamps.
3. Piston rings.
4. Transit car structural member.
5. Transit car roofing/siding.
6. Thermal window spacers.
7. Air bag containers.
8. Truck trailer posts and door frames.