(1) Steel sheet piles should be closed at the notch at the tip of the pile before driving in to avoid soil extrusion, and the locking mouth should be coated with butter or other grease. For the piles that have been in disrepair, deformation of the lock mouth and serious corrosion, they should be rectified.
(2) The division of piling flowing sections.
(3) In the process of piling. To ensure the verticality of the sheet piles. Two longitude and latitude instruments are used to control it in both directions.
(4) The position and direction of one or two steel sheet piles set up at the beginning should be ensured to be precise so as to play the role of guiding sample. Therefore, the measurement should be taken once for every 1m into the pile, and the temporary fixing should be made by welding steel bars or steel plates with the purlin supports immediately after the pile is driven to the predetermined depth.
1、Impact piling machinery: there are free fall hammers, steam hammers, air hammers, hydraulic hammers, diesel hammers, etc.
2、Vibratory piling machinery: this kind of machinery can be used for both piling and pile extraction, commonly used is vibratory piling and pile extraction hammer.
3、Vibratory impact piling machinery: this kind of machinery is set up between the body of the vibratory piling machine and the jig impact mechanism, while the exciter generates up and down vibration, the impact force is generated, so that the construction efficiency is greatly improved.
4、Static piling machinery: relying on static force to press the sheet pile into the soil.
(1) Choice of punching method.
The individual punching-in method starts at the corner of the slab wall and is carried out piece by piece (or in groups of two) until the end of the project. The advantage of this method is that it is easy and quick to construct and does not require other auxiliary supports. The disadvantage is that the sheet pile is easily tilted to one side and the error accumulates and is not easily corrected. Therefore, the individual driving method is only applicable to the case where the sheet pile wall requirements are not high and the length of the sheet pile is small (e.g. less than 10m).
(2) The screen-driving method is to insert 10-20 sheet piles in rows into the guide frame in the shape of a screen and then apply the piles in batches. The steel sheet piles at both ends of the screen wall are driven to the design elevation or to a certain depth to become positioning sheet piles, and then stepped in the middle in the order of l/3 and 1/2 sheet pile height. The advantages of the screen-driving method are: it can reduce the accumulation of tilting errors and prevent excessive tilting, and it is easy to achieve closed closure and can ensure the construction quality of the sheet pile wall. The disadvantages are: the self-supporting height of the inserted piles is large, and attention should be paid to the stability of the inserted piles and construction safety.
(3) Piling of sheet piles.
When piling, the first and second steel sheet piles should be piled to ensure the accuracy of the piling position and direction, which can play the role of sample guide, generally every 1m piling should be measured – times. The corner and closure of steel sheet piles can be constructed by shaped sheet piles, jointing method, riding seam lap method and axis adjustment method. To ensure safe construction, attention should be paid to the observation and protection of important pipelines, high voltage cables, etc. within the operating area.
(4) Sheet Pile Extraction.
When backfilling the foundation pit, the sheet piles are to be extracted so that they can be reused after trimming. The order of sheet pile extraction, extraction time and pile hole handling method should be studied before extraction. The extraction of steel sheet piles is aimed at overcoming the resistance of the sheet piles. Depending on the extraction machinery used, the extraction methods are static pile extraction, vibratory pile extraction and impact pile extraction. During the extraction operation, care should be taken to observe and protect important pipelines and high voltage cables within the operating area.
Function, appearance and practical value are the criteria used today when choosing building materials. Steel sheet piles meet all three of these criteria: the elements of their manufactured components provide a simple yet practical structure that meets all requirements in terms of structural safety and environmental protection, and the buildings completed with the application of steel sheet piles are highly attractive.
The use of steel sheet piles extends throughout the construction industry, from the traditional use in hydraulic engineering and civil engineering and through railway and tramway track applications to applications in the control of environmental pollution.
The practical value of steel sheet piles is reflected in the innovative production of new products such as special welded buildings, metal sheets made by means of hydraulic vibratory piling machines, sealed bonded sluice gates and the treatment of factory coatings. Many factors ensure that the sheet pile maintains a most useful manufacturing component element, namely: it facilitates not only the excellence of the steel quality, but also the study of the sheet pile market and its development; it facilitates the optimisation of the product characteristics to better meet the needs of the user.
The development of specialised sealing and stamping processes is a good example of this. The patented HOESCH system, for example, has opened up important new areas in the control of contamination in sheet piling.