When storing all types of steel, it is important not only to choose a suitable site or warehouse, but also to use reasonable stacking methods and to use safety protection materials to enhance the protection of the steel.
After a series of storage tasks have been completed, steel in long-term storage should be regularly maintained so that these steels still have a good appearance and function after wholesale.
1) The principle of stacking is to stack according to varieties and specifications under the condition of stable stacking and ensuring safety. Materials of different varieties shall be stacked separately to prevent confusion and mutual corrosion,This will be detrimental to the Steel Maintenance.
2) It is forbidden to store articles that have corrosive effect on steel near the stacking position;
3) The bottom of the stack shall be padded high, firm and flat to prevent the material from moisture or deformation;
4) The same kind of materials shall be stacked according to the warehousing order, so as to facilitate the implementation of the principle of first in, first out;
5) The section steel stacked in the open air must be provided with wooden mats or strip stones. The stacking surface is slightly inclined to facilitate drainage. Pay attention to the straightness of the material placement to prevent bending and deformation;
7) A certain channel shall be reserved between stacks. The inspection channel is generally 0.5m, and the access channel is generally 1.5 ~ 2.0m depending on the size of materials and transportation machinery;
8) The bottom of the stack shall be padded up. If the warehouse is a Chaoyang cement floor, it can be padded up by 0.1M; If it is muddy ground, it must be padded 0.2 ~ 0.5m high;
9) The angle steel and channel steel stacked in the open air shall be placed downward, that is, the mouth shall face down, the I-beam shall be placed vertically, and the i-groove surface of the steel shall not face up to avoid ponding and rust.
1) The steel storage site or warehouse shall be in a clean place with smooth drainage, away from factories and mines that produce harmful gas or dust. Weeds and all sundries shall be removed on the site to keep the steel clean;
2) It is not allowed to stack with acid, alkali, salt, cement and other materials that are corrosive to steel in the warehouse. Different types of steel shall be stacked separately to prevent confusion and contact corrosion;
3) Large section steel, rail, steel plate, large-diameter steel pipe, forging, etc. can be stacked in the open air;
4) Small and medium-sized section steel, wire rod, reinforcement, medium diameter steel pipe, steel wire and steel wire rope can be stored in a well ventilated shed, but they must be covered and padded;
5) Some small steel, steel sheet, steel strip, silicon steel sheet, small diameter or thin-wall steel pipe, various cold-rolled and cold drawn steel and metal products with high price and easy corrosion can be stored in warehouse;
6) The warehouse shall be selected according to geographical conditions. Generally, it adopts ordinary closed warehouse, that is, the warehouse with roof, enclosure, tight doors and windows and ventilation devices;
7) The warehouse shall be ventilated in sunny days, closed in rainy days, and kept in a suitable storage environment;
Steel shall be coated with various preservatives or other plating and packaging before leaving the factory, which is an important measure to prevent material corrosion and prolong the storage period of materials.
During transportation, loading and unloading, attention shall be paid to protection and shall not be damaged.
1) Before warehousing, materials shall be protected from rain or impurities. Materials that have been exposed to rain or contaminated shall be wiped by different methods according to their properties, such as steel wire brush for high hardness and cloth, cotton and other materials for low hardness;
2) The materials shall be inspected frequently after warehousing. If there is corrosion, the corrosion layer shall be removed;
3) Generally, the steel surface does not need to be coated with oil after being cleaned, but for high-quality steel, alloy steel sheet, thin-walled pipe, alloy steel pipe, etc., the internal and external surfaces need to be coated with antirust oil before storage;
4) The steel with serious corrosion shall not be kept for a long time after rust removal, and shall be used as soon as possible.
Steel is an essential material for national construction and the realization of the four modernizations. It is widely used and has a wide variety. According to different section shapes, steel is generally divided into four categories: profile, plate, pipe and metal products,
it is divided into heavy rail, light rail, large section steel, medium section steel, small section steel, steel cold-formed section steel, high-quality section steel, wire rod.
medium and thick steel plate, thin steel plate, silicon steel sheet for electrical purposes, strip steel, seamless steel pipe steel, welded steel pipe, metal products, etc.