Instruction of Carbon Steel plate
When no minimum content of any alloying element (e.g., aluminum, chromium, nickel, molybdenum, vanadium, etc.) or any other element added to obtain the desired alloying effect is specified, the steel is normally considered to be carbon steel. Manganese is not to exceed 1.65%, copper has a specified minimum content of not less than .40% or more than .60%, and silicon is not to exceed .60%. There are low, medium and high carbon steel plates. The higher the carbon content of the plate, the more durable it will be.
Specifications Of Carbon Steel plate
|Product Name:||Carbon Steel Sheet|
|Place of Origin:||Shandong, China|
|Standard:||Aisi, ASTM, bs, DIN, GB, JIS,etc|
|Material:||Q235B,Q355B,Q235-A·F, 20, 45, 60, 40Mn, 65Mn, 08F, T7-13 ZG200-400|
|Thickness:||0.1-3mm, or as customer’s requirements|
|Width:||1000mm, 1220mm, 1250mm, 1500mm, 2000mm according to customer’s requirement|
|Length:||any length as required|
|Processing Service:||Bending, Welding, Cutting|
|Packaging ：||export standard package or as request|
|Terms of price：||FOB, CIF, CFR, EXW|
|Payment terms:||TT, Irrevocable LC at sight, Western union, Ali trade assurance|
Carbon content per carbon steel plate
Low carbon steel plate.
The maximum carbon content of low carbon steel is 0.30%. The largest category of low carbon steel includes carbon steel plate, which is a flat rolled product. These are usually used for automotive body parts, tin plate and wire products.
Medium carbon steel plate.
The carbon content of medium carbon steel ranges from 0.30% to 0.60%. Steel plate is mainly used for gear, axle, shaft and forging. Medium carbon steel with carbon content of 0.40% to 0.60% is used as railway material.
High carbon steel plate.
High carbon steel contains 0.60% to 1.00% carbon. Carbon steel plate can be used for strong wiring, spring material and cutting.
Ultra high carbon steel
Ultra high carbon steel is an experimental alloy containing 1.25% to 2.0% carbon. Carbon steel sheet is common in cutting tools.
With the increase of carbon content, the hardness of steel plate also increases.
Application of Carbon Steel plate
1. Cold-rolled strips are used in a wide range of applications. For example automobile manufacturing, electrical products, rolling stock, aviation, precision instruments, food cans, etc.
2. The uses of hot rolled steel.
(1) Structural steel plate:
Mainly used in the production of steel structural plates, bridges, ships, vehicles, etc.
(2) Weathering steel:
Used in the production of containers and special vehicles, also used in building structures.
(3) Automotive structural steel:
plate: high strength steel plate with good stamping performance and welding performance, used for the production of automotive FRAME, WHEEL, etc.
(4) Hot-rolled special steel plates:
used for the production of various mechanical parts.
(5) Cold-rolled raw plates:
used for the production of various cold-rolled products, including CR, GI, color coated plates, etc.
Benefits of Carbon Steel Plates
The most common types of carbon steel are low carbon steel or hot rolled steel. As a corrosion and wear resistant steel, carbon steel plate is very suitable for outdoor applications requiring durability to pressure and environmental pressure. Other benefits of carbon steel include.
- Compared with other steel plates, it has multifunction. Steel plates are available in a variety of thicknesses and widths
- Carbon steel plate has great ductility
- As an alternative to aluminum or stainless steel, it is cost-effective
- Strong plasticity and easy to manufacture
- Galvanizing can be carried out to prevent corrosion
Grade of Carbon Steel plate
AISI 1020, 1045, 4130, 4140
A36, A283, A572 (grades 42, 50, 55, 60, 65), A588 (CorTen®), A656 (grades 50, 60, 70, 80), A709-36, (36W, 36WT, 36WF), A709-50, (50W, 50WT, 50WF), A709-HPS70W (HPS100W), A514 (grades B, S, F, H, Q), 100XF, A871 (grades 60, 65)
A285-C, A387, A455, A516(N) (grades 55, 60, 65, 70), A517 (various grades), A612(N)
38W-38WT/260W-260WT, 44W-44WT/300W-300WT, 50W-50WT/350W-350WT, 50A-50AT/350A-350AT, 60W-60WT/400W-400WT
AR200, AR235, AR400F, AR450F, AR500, AR600
MIL-A-12560, MIL-A-46100, MIL-DTL-46177C
ABS, Lloyds, DNV, A131 grades A, B, D, E, AH, DH, EH, API 2H Grade 50
S235, S275, S355, S420, S460, S500, S690
Classification by application
(1) Carbon steel sheets can be classified into three kinds of carbon structural steel sheets, carbon tool steel sheets and free-cutting structural steel sheets according to their uses. Carbon structural steel sheet can be further divided into engineering and construction steel sheet and structural steel for machinery manufacturing.
Classification by smelting method
(2) According to the smelting method, it can be divided into open hearth steel plate and converter steel plate.
Classification by deoxidation method
(3) According to the deoxidation method, it can be divided into boiling steel (F), killing steel (Z), semi-killing steel (b) and special killing steel (TZ).
Classification by carbon content
(4) Carbon steel sheet can be divided into low carbon steel sheet (WC≤0.25%), medium carbon steel sheet (WC0.25%-0.6%) and high carbon steel sheet (WC>0.6%) according to the carbon content.
Classification according to the quality of steel plate
(5) According to the quality of steel plate, carbon steel sheet can be divided into ordinary carbon steel sheet (higher phosphorus and sulfur content), high quality carbon steel sheet (lower phosphorus and sulfur content) and high quality steel sheet (lower phosphorus and sulfur content). As well as super high grade steel plate.
About 0.25%~0.80%. Solid solution strengthening; remove FeO, reduce the brittleness of steel sheet; sulfide synthesis MnS, can reduce the harmful effect of sulfur. Useful.
About 0.10%~0.40%, solid solution strengthening; useful to eliminate the adverse effect of FeO on the quality of steel plate.
FeS forms low-melting eutectic with Fe (melting point is 985℃), which makes the steel plate brittle and cracking during hot working at 1000~1250℃, i.e. “hot brittleness”. Harmful.
Strength and hardness are improved, but plasticity and toughness are reduced, “cold brittleness”. Harmful.
Carbon structural steel sheet
Grade: Example Q235-A-F, i.e. σs=235MPa.
Brand notes. Q is yield strength A quality grade (there are four grades of ABCD), F is boiling steel.
Features: Low price, excellent process properties (such as weldability and cold formability).
High quality carbon structural steel sheet
Species. Example 45, 65Mn, 08F.
Brand description: directly indicates the parts per million of carbon content in the metal.
Grade. Example: T12 steel plate indicates carbon tool steel with Wc=1.2%.
Brand description: T plus parts per thousand of the carbon content of the metal.
Features. It is eutectic and super eutectic steel plate with high strength, high hardness and good wear resistance. It is suitable for manufacturing various low-speed cutting tools.
Common steel plate grades and uses.
T7, T8: Used in the manufacture of parts that can withstand certain impact and require toughness. Such as sledgehammer, punch, chisel, woodworking tools, scissors.
T9, T10, T11: Manufacturing tools that require high hardness and high abrasion resistance, with less impact. Such as taps, small drills, dies, hand saw blades.
T12, T13: Manufacture tools that are not resistant to impact. Such as files, scrapers, razors, measuring tools.
Cast steel pieces
Grade. For example, ZG200-400, which means
Cast steel sheet with σs=200MPa and σb=400MPa.
Performance. Casting properties are worse than cast iron, but mechanical properties are better than cast iron.